HEISGIRL: Fodder From a Female Football Fan

Living every week like it's Shark Week.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Atta boy!



Last nite while I was subjecting myself to another evening with the nerd friends, I missed a "solid" performance by Vincey in the Pro Bowl. It really makes me so happy that people are FINALLY putting down their haterade. Just because he doesnt look like quarterbacks you may have known, doesnt mean he isn't the greatest ever. Juuuuuust saying.

Last nite we bowled. That's really the only reason I went out was because the opportunity to bowl does not come up open. I should not have been surprised when the nerd friends all said they sucked at bowling. I don't consider myself to be a good bowler, but by "not good" I mean I usually break 100 but not by much. They meant "not good" like usually break 50. I SMOKED them. And once again I have to feel embarassed about the fact that I'm so much better than them. Really the only thing I'm good at is swinging my arm straight. It's not that difficult.

On the lane next to us was a couple that I deduced was within a couple months of dating. They were a cute couple but also still kind of awkward together. They both had on similar glasses, and while I thought my "I bet the met at Lens Crafters" joke was hilarious, everyone else was faux-offended. Someone said, "there's nothing wrong with being a little nerdy," which was actually quite a hilarious comment, considering the source. I thought to myself, "it's true...there is NOTHING wrong with being nerdy. I love nerdy guys. There is however, a lot wrong with being A NERD."

And when you didn't know Anna Nicole had died even though it's been 48 hours of non-stop coverage on every single outlet and medium...you're a nerd. Again I say...put down your science fiction book and pick up a newspaper. Learn some names. That's all I'm asking.

Okay that's all I'm saying for now. Promise.

1 Comments:

At 11:37 PM , Anonymous Sally said...

Here's the thing: you don't even have to be a nerd to not know about ANS dying - just clueless!! I mean, do these nerds not even watch CNN? What good is your intensive knowledge of 17th century Ukrainian literature if you can't talk intelligently about current events?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home