HEISGIRL: Fodder From a Female Football Fan

Living every week like it's Shark Week.

Friday, December 29, 2006

Yup, Yup, Yup

When I woke up this morning (at 8 am, thank you very much Aunt Betty) I went downstairs and found two things: A note from my dad to my mom that said "Linda-Don't forget to leave Steez some coffee," and a note from my mom to me that said "Steez-Just pour in the water and it's ready to go."

Thank you very much for the bday wishes MOM AND DAD. JERKHEADS.

Last nite as I was trying to go to sleep I decided to watch a video on my new video ipod. What better way to ring in another year of my life than with the highlights of the 2006 Rose Bowl. How is it that almost a year later, and after having seen it a million times, I still get teary-eyed and I still get chills? Every time I see that fourth and one my ears hurt from smiling so big.

Well I'm not the only one. Time Magazine, ESPN (!!!), and Yahoo News have all named VY's performance the #1 sporting moment of the year. I was pretty sure that ESPN would still find a way/reason to give it to Reggie Bush. But they tucked their tail behind their legs and FINALLY gave us (and Vincey) some due (as an aside, during halftime of one of the Monday games they interviewed Drew Brees and asked him "So how good is Reggie Bush?" RB must be the most satisfied player in the NFL because the media never quits giving him BJs). This Sunday it's Vince v. DT in the season finale, which is like a Subway sandwich with extra meat (ya heard?). It's been a great year to be a longhorn, despite the season-ending skid. Hopefully we'll turn things around tomorrow and get a fresh start for 2007. Oh, and if anyone needs an AB ticket, me gots an extra.

1 Comments:

At 4:35 PM , Anonymous Sally said...

That's SO "Sixteen Candles"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home