HEISGIRL: Fodder From a Female Football Fan

Living every week like it's Shark Week.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

It's a war...on Christmas movies

I don't like "It's a Wonderful Life." Sue me. It's friggin long and it's really depressing until the end. I realize that's like saying that I don't like words, but I don't care. I used to enjoy "Miracle on 34th Street" but I'm over it. In fact at the moment I'd say there are only three Christmas movies I like. And I don't really like them...I really love them.

1. Elf. Will Ferrell. I need say no more. I really think this movie could become in 10 years what "A Christmas Story" is today. The last 20 minutes or so get annoying, but overall it's family fun for the whole...well, family.

And speaking of elves, check this out.

2. A Christmas Story. My sister HATES this movie, and gets annoyed every single Christmas when it's on TNT for 24 hours straight. We always put it on after opening presents and keep it on until it's time to eat. A couple years ago she got "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" on DVD from Santa, and tried to sneak it into the DVD player. As my mom is walking down the stairs we hear her say "Since when did this movie get so loud?" Caught red-handed BEEYOTCH!! I'll shoot your eye out if you pull that sh*t this year!

3. Love Actually. Sure, it's not your traditional ho, ho, ho Christmas movie, but it should count for something that it takes place at Christmas. I own it, though you wouldnt know that because my roommate watches it in her room about once a week. Seriously.

The rest of the Christmas movies can go to hell. I'll take any of the traditional TV specials (Rudolph, Frosty, Charlie Brown) over any of the traditional movies. I'LL DO IT. For further holiday enjoyment, enjoy this

1 Comments:

At 11:09 AM , Blogger Heather said...

Perfect top three, and that pic of Will is priceless. I love his face.

It's a Wonderful Life, though? I'll quote Phoebe Buffay: "They should have called it, It's a Sucky Life and Just When You Think It Can't Suck Any More, It Does."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home