HEISGIRL: Fodder From a Female Football Fan

Living every week like it's Shark Week.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Well, well, well

The last 24 hours have pretty much ruled. Dems take the House. Dems are probably going to take the Senate (thanks in no small part to my vote here in VA) though we won't know for sure for a while longer. These two developments caused what I'll refer to an "Oh Shit" moment over at DOD, leading to the resignation of Rumsfeld. And who will Rummy be replaced by? The Aggie president I just finished reading about in Texas Monthly. Thanks to Wonkette for answering the question, "who is Robert Gates?"


Hilarious. The whole focus of the TM story was that Gates was showing some balls and bringing change to Gaggieland. Ten to one they go right back to the ways of old. I'd also be willing to wager that good 'ol Phil "Don't I Look Like a Turtle" Gramm will have his name tossed around to take his place, which will in turn cause me to to toss my lunch. But you know what? Nothing could bring me down today. Hell, I'm even 95% finished with powerpoint purgatory, and in 30 minutes I'm leaving work for two hours for a going-away party (unfortunately not mine). AND, one of my oft spoken of mortal enemies, Pants, will be jobless as of January because her boss got his own pants whipped. Plans are already in the works to throw a going-away party in her honor that she will surely invite herself to, sparking the following convo:

Pants: But I'm not leaving

Steezer: Either you leave, or I kill you. Your choice.

I feel so...so...so...alive.

2 Comments:

At 4:05 PM , Anonymous Sally said...

Ha, ha, when I read about the going-away party my first thought was "Pants?" Will we ever be that lucky?

 
At 11:18 PM , Anonymous PB @ BON said...

The Gaggies will miss Robert Gates. Unbelievable.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home