HEISGIRL: Fodder From a Female Football Fan

Living every week like it's Shark Week.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Still can't write about football

So instead, I'm going to go the exact opposite route and write about musicals. Specifically: Dreamgirls. Motherhumper, I've been in love with Dreamgirls for as long as I can remember. Many of you have born witness to my lip sung theatrics to "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going." I cannot listen to that song without jumping on my chair. Rest assured that I know every gasp for breath, and every warbled note. It really is quite a sight to see. Here's a video of the real deal thing from the 1982 Tony Awards. I've never seen anyone put such raw emotion into anything the way that Jennifer Holliday does it here. For the good stuff, skip ahead to 3:30:



Last year the powers that be announced a Dreamgirls movie. My heart fluttered. Then they announced that Deena Jones would be played by my best friend 4eva, one Beyonce Knowles. I almost had a heart attack. In June, during the Tony's, they premiered a trailer for the movie, and my roomie will tell you that I screamed with glee for about 10 minutes. We're less than a month away from the release of the soundtrack, and just like 42 days from the movie release. Needless to say, since I don't have another national championship game to look forward to, this will be a nice distraction.

2 Comments:

At 10:45 PM , Anonymous Sally said...

Is that the song that I have a picture of you dancing to from last Thanksgiving?

 
At 11:08 PM , Blogger Steezy said...

Yes. It is.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home