HEISGIRL: Fodder From a Female Football Fan

Living every week like it's Shark Week.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I think I've found it

The nastiest CVS on the planet. Corner of 7th & H, on the cusp of Chinatown. I ran in there tonite to grab a couple things, even though there is one right on my way off the metro.

Big mistake. Big. Huge.

First, as I'm walking in, there's a random dude standing in front of it asking if people need a ride and saying that he was "cheaper than a taxi." Yeah man, because I'm going to get into an unmarked car with a random dude and give him whatever money he decided to charge me, all just to save a couple of bucks. In retrospect, maybe he was offering a different kind of ride... But I digress...

I shook it off, walked inside the store and was hit with an overpowering stench of urine and garbage. Granted there are definitely some homeless in the area, but who would have thought they'd use CVA as their own personal toliet. I thought that was what the Public Library was for (ZING!). The thought "maybe I shouldnt buy food from here" ran through my mind, but I continued into the store reluctantly. I started looking for whatever, and I hear a guy say to the lady stocking the soda cooler "Um, miss, there's a dead rat over there."

She looked at him, shrugged her shoulders, and said, "yeah, we got rats."

She turned back around as the guy (and I) looked at her with bulging eyes. Sensing she'd been a bit too casual about the situation, she turned back around and said, "Sorry."

I dropped what I was holding and got the hell out of there. Disgusting.

2 Comments:

At 1:22 PM , Anonymous PB @ BON said...

I -hate- CVS.

Also, how effing annoying is it that there are no convenience stores in DC? That always drove me bonkers.

 
At 2:57 PM , Blogger Heather said...

You're telling it straight, sista! That CVS is the closest one to my work (though not for long!), so I find myself there every so often. It is so disgusting -- the whole rat thing doesn't surprise me at all.

I also love how things like Dove Body Wash are locked up and you have to ring a little doorbell so that someone can come and unlock it for you. Body wash? Really? Maybe it sells for double on the street...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home