HEISGIRL: Fodder From a Female Football Fan

Living every week like it's Shark Week.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Go to the mall

I work out 3-4 times a week at a Washington Sports Club in the Penn Quarter. I used to work out with the Bear, but he's very busy and important, so he has no time for the Steezer anymore. Anyways, in the last couple weeks a pseudo-celebrity has been working out at my gym about 6:30ish most nites: this guy. The first couple times I saw him, I sort of stared him down trying to figure out if it was him or not. I confirmed on Monday that it was. I was on an elliptical and he was in front of me on a bike flirting with another girl who was on a bike. I was amused at this flirting (and make no mistake...it was flirting..Steezer knows flirting when she sees it) because the girl mentioned almost immediately that she was getting married. He also has a girlfriend though apparently she just moved to Los Angeles (gesturing to himself "can you believe she'd want to leave this!?")

Anyways, one of the reasons I've had a hard time deciding if it was him or not is that (1) usually he's there within an hour of getting off the air, and (2) he seems to always be wearing the same clothes. Granted, I often wear the same gym shorts 3-4 times before washing them (I'm a dirty girl) but I would swear he is wearing from head-to-toe the same thing every time I see him. It's weird considering he's a TV star. Okay not really, but still. What amused me while watching the above exchange the other day was that the TV overhead was on ESPNews, which was showing PTI. And there was Mr. Gym Man doing his duty as stat-checker. It was like watching that totally awesome movie "Multiplicity" starring the greatest actor of our time, Michael Keaton. Okay again, not really.

I will note that his flirting was just friendly fliritng, and that he was actually extremely nice to the people that work there. For whatever it's worth.

2 Comments:

At 2:09 AM , Anonymous PB @ BON said...

It's kind of a relief to hear that he seems to be a nice guy. Because he just seems like a first-rate New Jersey douchebag on television.

(I judge books by their covers. Frequently.)

 
At 2:20 PM , Blogger Steezy said...

I agree completely. And judging people is pretty much my favorite thing to do. Some people craft, I judge. I've been told that my perception of people is almost always right on too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home