HEISGIRL: Fodder From a Female Football Fan

Living every week like it's Shark Week.

Monday, November 13, 2006

The enemy


Corco said several times Saturday nite "Thanks so much for missing the Kansas St. game." Every time he said I responded "Of course...it's your wedding." But I was lying. That SOB owes me and the rest of Longhorn nation an apology. Nevermind that I had a great time. Nevermind that I had such a hot dress on. Nevermind that I again was transfixed by the healing power of the bloody mary in order to get over my Fri nite hangover. Nevermind that I got to dance with Eddie all nite. YOU OWE ME AN APOLOGY SIR!

Too bad he doesnt read this blog. Once he gets back from Jamaica, rest assured he will be hearing about this tragedy for the rest of his days.

I have no healing words. I could barely get out of bed on Sunday morning because I was dreading what I would read/hear. At this time I still have not seen a single second of game footage, and I'd like to keep it that way. Mealz missed the game for a wedding as well, and echoed my feelings that having not watched it I feel detached from it...almost like it really didn't happen. Almost like everyone else is in an alternate universe and I'm in a daze, floating above it all. How meta, right? Anyways, the always enlightening Sally had this to say: "At least we don't have cancer or cheer for a team that loses with regularity." I love the fact that those two things are comparable. Because they pretty much are. Cancer and losing.

Life sucks.

1 Comments:

At 2:40 PM , Anonymous PB @ BON said...

Yeah, don't watch it. It's horrifying.

Think back to that first gawdawful touchdown that Baylor scored on that bomb from Shawn Bell. Repeat that like six times. Ball game.

I just puked again.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home