HEISGIRL: Fodder From a Female Football Fan

Living every week like it's Shark Week.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Two-A-Days

Everyone knows I love me some MTV reality programming. After all, MTV was the birthplace of reality shows, so if anyone knows how to do it, it's them.

(As an aside, isn't it hilario that VH1 has surpassed MTV as the music channel with the skankiest reality shows? Don't get me wrong, I looooove "Flavor of Love" but did I really need to hear New York moaning and screaming while getting her hibbidy on with Flav? No I did not.)

Anyways, the newest show from the music network, Two-A-Days, is actually really good. The kids are all good kids who don't have too much money and don't drink too much. Everytime I watch it I want to go work out. It follows last year's football team at Hoover High School in Alabama that at the moment is the #1 high school team in America. I guess that makes them the Texas of the high school world.

I bring this show up now because I was watching it last nite (along with The Office, My Name is Early, Greys Anatomy, and Ugly Betty...damn it when did the networks decide to put all the best shows on one nite!!!) and I noticed something familar. We all know that in fashion, everything old will become new again (as in the current leggings and ankle boot craze). This seems to also hold true for hair cuts. I'd say 85% of the football players are sporting Bobby's hair cut from Karate Kid.

Here's the best photo I could find of everyone's favorite Cobra Kai:













And here are a couple Hoover Bucs:












I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I'm just saying.

Tonite is OktSOBERfest, which is sure to be a buh-last and drizunk. We also just heard the good news that Rhodeside will be showing tomorrow's shelacking of Sam Houston State. I've been drying out my liver all week for just such an occasion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home